- You don’t make any purchases on your card until the promotional period ends or the balance transfer is paid in full
- You only make minimum repayments on your card in the first 16 months
- The interest rate applying to your non-Westpac credit card will not change
- You don't pay your card off in full each month
- The minimum monthly repayment will be paid by the statement due date each month. The minimum repayment on your credit card is whichever is greater of: 2% of your total balance, or $10, or the amount of outstanding government and interest charges
- No cash advance transactions are made
- Excludes any fees that may apply to either card, including annual fees and when they are charged.
Things you should know:
Consumer Credit Card Conditions of Use (PDF 230kb)
Westpac Credit Cards Complimentary Insurance Policy (PDF 297kb)
Westpac Rewards Cards Concierge Service Terms and Conditions (PDF 153kb)
Credit Card Repayment Protection Product Disclosure Statement (PDF 222kb)
Altitude Rewards and Altitude Qantas Terms and Conditions (PDF 193k)
Fees, charges and credit criteria apply. Read the terms and conditions available for download above before making a decision
1. Special promotion: 0% p.a. for 16 months on balance transfers requested at card application: The promotional balance transfer rate is available when you apply for a new Altitude Black card between 20 April and 30 September 2015 and request at application to transfer balance(s) from up to 3 non-Westpac Australian issued credit, charge or store cards. The rate will apply to balance(s) transferred (min $200 up to 95% of your approved available credit limit) for 16 months, unless the amount is paid off earlier. Card activation will trigger the processing of the balance transfer. The variable cash advance rate currently 21.24% p.a. will apply to balance(s) transferred but left unpaid at the end of the promotional period. Westpac will not be responsible for any delays that may occur in processing payment to your other card account(s) and will not close the account(s). Switches, upgrades, customers accessing employee benefits or packaged cards are ineligible. Promotional rate not available in conjunction with any other promotion other than the purchase rate promotion available at card approval. The variable cash advance interest rate applies to balance transfers requested at any other time. Interest free days don’t apply to balance transfers.
2. Special promotion: 0% p.a. on purchases for 3 months: The introductory rate of 0% p.a. on purchases for the first 3 months applies from card approval when you apply for a new Westpac Altitude Black Credit Card between 20 April and 30 September 2015. After 3 months, the introductory purchase rate will switch to the variable purchase rate then applicable to your card account. The introductory interest rate on purchases is not available in conjunction with any promotion other than the balance transfer promotion available at card application. Switches, upgrades, customers accessing employee benefits or packaged cards are ineligible.
3. The earning and redemption of Altitude Points is subject to the Altitude Rewards Terms and Conditions. You do not receive points if your card account is in arrears for two consecutive statement cycles and in other circumstances. Refer to the Altitude Rewards and Altitude Qantas Terms and Conditions for information on how you earn points on payments to the Australian Taxation Office.
4. The earning and redemption of Qantas Points is subject to the Altitude Qantas Terms and Conditions.You must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program to earn and redeem points in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program. You do not receive points if your card account is in arrears for 2 consecutive statement cycles and in other circumstances.
5. Priority Pass Membership: To enrol, go to prioritypass.com/axwestpacblack. Lounge usage in excess of two visits and all guest visits will be charged directly to your Altitude Black American Express card at the visit fee currently US$27 per person, per visit. The first two visits within each 12 month membership period are complimentary to the primary cardholder only, after which every visit would be charged as per the prevailing rates. Any accompanying guests will be charged US$27 per visit, which will be automatically charged on the cardholder's Altitude Black American Express card. The date of visits determines which year of membership the visit is allocated to. Unused visits cannot be carried forward to the following year of membership. The number of free visits will be reset to two per each 12-month period. For full details, visit the Priority Pass website at prioritypass.com/conditions-of-use.cfm
6. Qantas Club Lounge Invitations: To be eligible for the two complimentary Qantas Club Lounge invitations, you must first register at https://loungepass.altitudeblack.com.au and then use your Altitude Black Card in Australia to purchase selected Qantas products and services. Selected Qantas products and services are the following items purchased directly from Qantas: Qantas passenger flights (with a QF flight number), Qantas Frequent Flyer and Qantas Club membership joining and annual fees. Excludes Jetstar, Qantas Holidays, Qantas branded non-airfare products and any Qantas products and services not purchased directly from Qantas. Each year, you will receive two complimentary lounge invitations once you have made the required spend on selected Qantas products and services. Qantas Club Lounge Invitations are provided courtesy of Westpac, and are valid for Qantas Club and Qantas operated international Business Lounges only. Not valid in International First Class lounges, Chairman’s Lounge, Qantas Domestic Business, Qantas oneworld® alliance airline, partner airline or associated lounges. Each invitation is valid for a single visit before the date specified on the invitation, when travelling with Qantas or Jetstar with a QF or JQ flight number. Access and use is subject to Qantas Club rules which are available at qantas.com/qantasclub. The two Qantas Club Lounge invitations will be sent to your Card account mailing address within 4 weeks of your eligible card spend, provided you are not in breach of the Conditions of Use and your account remains open. The two Qantas Club Lounge invitations will expire on the date printed on the invitations. Qantas Club Lounge invitations will not be issued to customers who do not first register at altitudeblack.com.au prior to making the eligible card spend.
7. Altitude Travel Service is operated by Pinpoint Travel Group Pty Ltd. Licence No. 2TA002974. Blackout dates may apply. Offers may vary according to itinerary options, currency fluctuations and taxes at the time of booking. Altitude Travel charges a 2% credit card usage fee. This fee is correct as at 9 November 2014 and is subject to change. For more information visit the Altitude Rewards website or call Altitude Travel on 1300 651 999.
8. Entry into The American Express Lounge is governed by the full Terms and Conditions available at goodgoing.com.au/lounge. All entrants must adhere to the General Conditions of Entry. Westpac Black American Express Cardholders are entitled to two (2) entries into The American Express Lounge per calendar year (1st January to 31st December) for each American Express Card account. Complimentary access is available for the Card Member’s children between the ages of 2-17. Card Members wishing to bring additional guests may be subject to a charge that is to be processed on the Card Member’s American Express Card. Access is subject to capacity and is not guaranteed. Individuals under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
9. Starwood Preferred Guest: Enrol online at spg.com/westpacworldmastercard or call 1800 072 525. The complimentary upgrade to Gold status ('Promotion') is valid only for World MasterCard®cardholders who have registered for the Promotion, qualified with an eligible stay and made full payment for the eligible stay and all services during the eligible stay with a World MasterCard. Blackout dates and other restrictions may apply to the Promotion Membership. The Starwood Preferred Guest Program is governed by the terms and conditions which can be found at spg.com/worldmastercardgoldupgrade or spg.com. Participation in the Promotion constitutes acceptance of and agreement with the Promotion Terms and Conditions. For full Terms and Conditions, please go to spg.com/westpacworldmastercard
10. Concierge Services are subject to the Westpac Rewards Cards Concierge Service Terms and Conditions at westpac.com.au
11. Complimentary Insurance covers: QBE Insurance (Australia) Limited ABN 78 003 191 035 AFSL 239545 has issued an insurance group policy to Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 which allows eligible Westpac account holders and cardholders to claim under it as third party beneficiaries. The terms, conditions, limits and exclusions, of the group policy, are set out in the Westpac Credit Cards Complimentary Insurance Policy, which may be amended from time to time. Westpac does not guarantee the insurance. You can get a copy of the policy booklet by calling 1300 651 999 or download it from westpac.com.au
12. Credit Card Repayment Protection is issued by Westpac General Insurance Limited ABN 99 003 719 319 (WGIL) (who issues the unfit for work cover and the job loss cover) and Westpac Life Insurance Services Limited ABN 31 003 149 157 (WLIS) (who issues the death cover). This insurance product is distributed by Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 (the Bank). The Bank does not guarantee payments under the policy. This is general information only. Read the Product Disclosure Statement, available in branch, to see if Credit Card Repayment Protection is right for you.
MasterCard® and the MasterCard brand mark are registered trademarks of MasterCard International Incorporated. American Express® is a registered trademark of American Express. The Westpac Altitude Black American Express Card is issued by Westpac Banking Corporation pursuant to a license from American Express. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.
© 2015 Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714.