Things you should know:
Consumer Credit Card Conditions of Use (PDF 230kb)
Westpac Credit Cards Complimentary Insurance Policy (PDF 770kb)
Westpac Rewards Cards Concierge Service Terms and Conditions (PDF 153kb)
Credit Card Repayment Protection Product Disclosure Statement (PDF 222kb)
Altitude Rewards and Altitude Qantas Terms and Conditions (PDF 193k)
Fees, charges and credit criteria apply. Read the terms and conditions available for download above before making a decision
1. Special promotion - 60,000 bonus Altitude or Qantas Points: The bonus points depends on your choice of Rewards Program. Eligible purchase does not include fees, cash, cash equivalent transactions, refunds and balance transfers debited from the card account. Switches, upgrades, customers accessing employee benefits or packaged cards are ineligible. In order to be eligible customers must have been charged the standard annual fee. This promotion only applies to one account in the customer’s name and is not available in conjunction with any other promotion other than the balance transfer promotion available at card application and special promotional rate of 0%p.a. on purchases for 6 months. The bonus points will be added to your points balance (Altitude Rewards or Qantas Frequent Flyer membership account) within three months after the first purchase transaction is debited to your account. The earning and redemption of Altitude Points and Qantas Points is subject to the Altitude Rewards Terms and Conditions and Altitude Qantas Terms and Conditions. You do not receive points if your card account is in arrears for 2 consecutive statement cycles and in other circumstances. You must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program to earn and redeem Qantas Points in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program.
2. Special promotion: 0%p.a. on purchases for 6 months: The introductory rate of 0%p.a. on purchases for 6 months applies from card approval when you apply for a new Westpac Altitude Black credit card between 6 January 2015 and 19 April 2015. After 6 months, the introductory purchase rate will switch to the variable purchase rate then applicable to your card account. The introductory rate on purchases is not available in conjunction with any promotion other than the special promotional bonus points offer and the balance transfer offer available at card application. Switches, upgrades, customers accessing employee benefits or packaged cards are ineligible
3. The earning and redemption of Altitude Points is subject to the Altitude Rewards Terms and Conditions. You do not receive points if your card account is in arrears for two consecutive statement cycles and in other circumstances.
4. The earning and redemption of Qantas Points is subject to the Altitude Qantas Terms and Conditions. You must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program to earn and redeem points in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program.
5. Priority Pass Membership: To enrol, go to prioritypass.com/axwestpacblack. Lounge usage in excess of two visits and all guest visits will be charged directly to your Altitude Black American Express card at the visit fee currently US$27 per person, per visit. The first two visits within each 12 month membership period are complimentary to the primary cardholder only, after which every visit would be charged as per the prevailing rates. Any accompanying guests will be charged US$27 per visit, which will be automatically charged on the cardholder's Altitude Black American Express card. The date of visits determines which year of membership the visit is allocated to. Unused visits cannot be carried forward to the following year of membership. The number of free visits will be reset to two per each 12-month period. For full details, visit the Priority Pass website at prioritypass.com/conditions-of-use.cfm
6. Qantas Club Lounge Invitations: To be eligible for the two complimentary Qantas Club Lounge invitations, you must first register at https://loungepass.altitudeblack.com.au and then use your Altitude Black Card in Australia to purchase selected Qantas products and services. Selected Qantas products and services are the following items purchased directly from Qantas: Qantas passenger flights (with a QF flight number), Qantas Frequent Flyer and Qantas Club membership joining and annual fees. Excludes Jetstar, Qantas Holidays, Qantas branded non-airfare products and any Qantas products and services not purchased directly from Qantas. Each year, you will receive two complimentary lounge invitations once you have made the required spend on selected Qantas products and services. Qantas Club Lounge Invitations are provided courtesy of Westpac, and are valid for Qantas Club and Qantas operated international Business Lounges only. Not valid in International First Class lounges, Chairman’s Lounge, Qantas Domestic Business, Qantas oneworld® alliance airline, partner airline or associated lounges. Each invitation is valid for a single visit before the date specified on the invitation, when travelling with Qantas or Jetstar with a QF or JQ flight number. Access and use is subject to Qantas Club rules which are available at qantas.com/qantasclub. The two Qantas Club Lounge invitations will be sent to your Card account mailing address within 4 weeks of your eligible card spend, provided you are not in breach of the Conditions of Use and your account remains open. The two Qantas Club Lounge invitations will expire on the date printed on the invitations. Qantas Club Lounge invitations will not be issued to customers who do not first register at altitudeblack.com.au prior to making the eligible card spend.
7. Altitude Travel Service is operated by Pinpoint Travel Group Pty Ltd. Licence No. 2TA002974. Altitude Travel charges a 2% credit card usage fee. This fee is correct as at 9 November 2014 and is subject to change. For more information visit the Altitude Rewards website or call Altitude Travel on 1300 651 999.
8. Starwood Preferred Guest: Enrol online at spg.com/westpacworldmastercard or call 1800 072 525. The complimentary upgrade to Gold status ('Promotion') is valid only for World MasterCard® cardholders who are enrolled as Starwood Preferred Guest® Gold members ('SPG Members') at the Preferred Guest Tier, and who have registered for the Promotion, qualified with an eligible stay and made full payment for the eligible stay and all services during the eligible stay with a World MasterCard. Blackout dates and other restrictions may apply to the Promotion Membership. The Starwood Preferred Guest Program is governed by the terms and conditions of the Starwood Preferred Guest Program, which can be found at spg.com/worldmastercardgoldupgrade or spg.com. Participation in the Promotion constitutes acceptance of and agreement with the Promotion Terms and Conditions. For full Terms and Conditions, please go to spg.com/westpacworldmastercard
9. Concierge Services are subject to the Westpac Rewards Cards Concierge Service Terms and Conditions at westpac.com.au
10. Complimentary Insurance covers: Zurich Australian Insurance Limited ABN 13 000 296 640 AFSL 232507 (Zurich) issues these covers to Westpac Banking Corporation under separate Master Policies and is liable for the risks insured. Terms, conditions, exclusions and limits apply. No Westpac Group company has any liability in connection with the insurance policies. Policy wording may be obtained by calling 1300 859 100 or by downloading the Westpac Credit Cards Complimentary Insurance Policy at westpac.com.au
11. Optional Credit Card Repayment Protection is issued by Westpac General Insurance Limited ABN 99 003 719 319 (WGIL) and Westpac Life Insurance Services Limited ABN 31 003 149 157 (WLIS), each of which is liable for separate risks under the terms of the policy. This insurance product is distributed by Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 (the Bank). The policy is not an investment in or deposit with the Bank. No Westpac Group company (other than the Bank as policy distributor and WGIL and WLIS as the product issuers) has any liability in connection with the policy or this document. The Bank does not guarantee payments under the policy.
12. Special Promotion - 3.99%p.a. for 6 months on balance transfers requested at card application: The promotional balance transfer rate is available when you apply for a new Altitude Black card between 6 January 2015 and 19 April 2015 and request at application to transfer balance(s) from up to 3 non-Westpac Australian issued credit, charge or store cards. The rate will apply to balance(s) transferred (min $200 up to 95% of your approved available credit limit) for 6 months, unless the amount is paid off earlier. Card activation will trigger the processing of the balance transfer. The variable cash advance rate currently 21.24% p.a. will apply to balance(s) transferred but left unpaid at the end of the promotional period. Westpac will not be responsible for any delays that may occur in processing payment to your other card account(s) and will not close the account(s). Switches, upgrades, customers accessing employee benefits or packaged cards are ineligible. Promotional rate not available in conjunction with any other promotion other than th especial promotional bonus points offer and special promotional rate of 0%p.a. on purchases for 6 months. The variable cash advance interest rate applies to balance transfers requested at any other time. Interest free days don’t apply to balance transfers.
MasterCard® and the MasterCard brand mark are registered trademarks and PayPass™ is a trademark of MasterCard International Incorporated. American Express® is a registered trademark of American Express. The Westpac Altitude Black American Express Card is issued by Westpac Banking Corporation pursuant to a license from American Express. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.
© 2015 Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714.